PAINT COATINGS CONTAINING HOLLOW GLASS MICROSPHERES
In recent years, composite materials containing hollow glass or ceramic microspheres have attracted considerable attention. These materials have very good heat-insulation characteristics, which are largely defined by special features of absorption and scattering of thermal radiation by thin-walled hollow particles (German and Grinchuk, 2002; Dombrovsky, 2005). The paint coatings containing hollow glass microspheres have already found applications for reducing heat loss from the walls of buildings owing to a decrease in thermal radiation at night. Nevertheless, choosing the best disperse composition of microspheres for use in building paints and other polymer coatings rem ...
- Berdahl, P. and Fromberg, R., The thermal radiance of clear skies, Solar Energy, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 299-314, 1982.
- Berger, X. and Bathiebo, J., Directional spectral emissivities of clear skies, Renewable Energy, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 1925-1933, 2003.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Approximate models of radiation scattering in hollow-microsphere ceramics, High Temp., vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 776-784, 2004.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Modeling of thermal radiation of a polymer coating containing hollow microspheres, High Temp., vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 247-258, 2005.
- Dombrovsky, L., Randrianalisoa, J., and Baillis, D., Infrared radiative properties of polymer coatings containing hollow microspheres, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, vol. 50, no. 7-8, pp. 1516-1527, 2007.
- German, M. L. and Grinchuk, P. S., Mathematical model for calculating the heat-protection properties of the composite coating “ceramic microspheres--binder”, J. Eng. Phys. Thermophys., vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 1301-1313, 2002.
- Ivanov, A. P., Loiko, V. A., and Dick, V. P., Propagation of Light in Densely Packed Dispersive Media, Minsk: Nauka i Technika, 1988 (in Russian).
- Kumar, S. and Tien, C. L., Dependent absorption and extinction of radiation by small particles, ASME J. Heat Transfer, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 178-185, 1990.
- Mishchenko, M. I., Hovenier, J. W., and Mackowski, D. W., Single scattering by a small volume element, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 71-87, 2004.
- Rubin, M., Optical properties of soda lime silica glasses, Solar Energy Mater., vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 275-288, 1985.
- Singh, B. P. and Kaviany, M., Modeling radiative heat transfer in packed beds, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 1397-1405, 1992.
- Skartveit, A., Olseth, J. A., Czeplak, G., and Rommel, M., On the estimation of atmospheric radiation from surface meteorological data, Solar Energy, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 349-359, 1996.